Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sweden is white

Last hours of free time before the trip now. I will work this afternoon, and tomorrow early we leave. Extra early, of course, because Obama is coming to Copenhagen, where we fly from, so the bridge between Sweden and Denmark will be closed during intervals. I guess the terrorists will come with the early morning train like us.

In spite of climate changes, Southern Sweden is now covered by a 10 cm snow cover. Fantastic. Winter abroad is not like winter at home. I walk around, feel the sting in my  cheaks, listen to the softened sounds of a world in snow, breath the freshened air. All these impressions bring back pleasant memories from a childhood furher north... I can only wish that Sweden is the samewhen we came back, but I don't think it's very likely. After all this is almost Denmark, and even a normal winter is quite snowless, so... I'll make the most of it while it is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment